Sunday, January 18, 2009

Layout Progress as of 1/18/2009

Over the weekend I completed two projects for the N-scale CSX Dixie Line. First, I completed the dropdown gate that crosses the doorway to the layout room on the lower level of the layout. I have included a detailed step-by-step account of how I built this gate in a separate HOWTO article. Here is a picture of the completed gate and a video showing the gate in action:





Finally, I overpainted a section of the backdrop with a solid light sky blue color:



This section of the backdrop had previously been painted with two shades of blue to simulate the lighter sky color at the horizon, but I subsequently decided I liked the solid light blue much better. I may try airbrushing white on the lower half of the backdrop to simulate the horizon, but that will be another project for another day.

.